Photograph of the Manchester Art Museum, Ancoats Hall
In 1868, Ancoats Hall and its surrounding land was bought by the Midland Railway for the new Ancoats railway station, which opened in 1870. In 1886, the Manchester Art Museum committee acquired the building which became the home of the Art Museum until it eventually closed in 1953. This photograph shows the signs of both the Midland Railway Company and the Manchester Art Museum.
Manchester Archives and Local Studies
100 cm x 200 cm